Squeeze in a tanning session during your next trip to the sunny Sunshine Coast. We at Seachange Coolum have listed down some practical tips to help you achieve an enviable tanned skin:
1. Drink lots of water. Because you will be out in the sun for quite some time, your body needs to keep up with the hot weather. Don’t forget to pump up on water. Water not only quenches your thirst but also significantly keeps your skin vibrant and supple.
2. Exfoliate. It’s important to clear the surface of your skin. Prep your skin by removing dead skin cells. Gently scrub your skin with a sponge or loofah; doing so will make for a smooth, even, and longer lasting tan.
3. Skip applying cosmetics. Keep away from makeup, body sprays, deodorants, and perfumes because these contain chemicals that, when exposed to the sunlight, may have adverse effects onto your skin.
4. Apply sunscreen onto your skin and hair. Keep a steady supply of your favourite sun protection formula (SPF) lotions, hair conditioners, lip balms, and after-sun lotions. These products help protect your skin and hair from the sun’s harsh rays.
5. Avoid turning pink. Some stay out in the sun for an hour or more. The result? Pink skin that immediately turns into any beach addict’s worst nightmare – terrible sunburns! Limit your sun exposure to no longer than 20 minutes. Divide your tanning sessions several times a week instead.
Make sure to check these off your DIY tanning to-do list. Meanwhile, we invite you to check in at Seachange Coolum Beach for cosy and modern apartments. Our first-rate amenities enables you to enjoy free WiFi access anytime. Outside, you can indulge in a rejuvenating dip at our heated plunge pool and spa. Find your car a home, too, within our secure undercover parking area. To help you make the most out of your Coolum Beach itinerary, our friendly tour desk staff are readily available to assist you in booking your transport requirements and tour reservations.